100% road legal and fully compliant with DVLA Regulations and BS AU 145D.
Available in size 20.5 x 4 inch (Standard size car plates)
Manufactured using the latest top of the range hydraulic press system
Here is a step-by-step guide on how to order Pressed Metal Plates
Step 1. Head over to our plate builder: Click here
Step 4. (Optional) Select the GB Euro stars badge (Only required when traveling into Europe)
Step 5. Select a Black border (All pressed metal plates come standard with a black border, this is required)
Step 6. (Recommended) Select a sticky pad fitting kit
Step 7. (Required) after the order is placed, please send an email with your order reference number, CONFIRMING THAT YOU ARE REQUESTING PRESSED METAL PLATES. (click on e.g. below)
Step 8. Wait for your order to be delivered !
Note: You cant have a slogan, or any other options for pressed metal, only the ones shown above are available
If you have any questions, please feel free to give our sales team a call!
For more information about our pressed metal plates, read below!
ADVANTAGES OF OUR PRESSED METAL NUMBER PLATES
- A UK registered business with dedicated customer services & sales line
- 100% fully approved, DIN certified legal retroreflective plates
- Manufactured on hydraulic press
- Exceptional quality
- Highly durable plates
- 3M materials
- Conforms to BS AU 145d standards (legal requirement)
- Conforms to ISO7591 standards (some other sellers do not have this)
- Conforms to DIN74069 (some other sellers do not have this)
- The legally required postcode and BS code are lasered (as opposed to printed) and less intrusive
- Will not peel or bubble and can even withstand jet wash cleaning!
- Machinery, raw materials & plates from Germany and with full regulatory control
- No press marks or tool silhouettes on plates
Our pressed metal number plates are produced by hydraulic machinery that has been precision manufactured in Germany and with raw materials originating from Germany. The capital investment needed for such machinery was obviously huge, but our business strategy is to build a reputation based upon A1 rated superior products, and we want customers to know that everything we sell is exceptional.
The system works by machines pressing the plates to within a 1% pressure bar. The exposed raw plates are fed through another machine which burns hot foil onto the protruding letters at over 200 degrees. Then they are cooled. It is this process which makes them highly durable. This production method is used by state departments and Governments worldwide as well as in Germany and other European countries.
All of our machinery and associated supplies are from Germany; we do not scrimp on costs. The registration plates are German made with 3M endorsement! 3M is the most expensive and best material approved for the distribution market. You won’t find a more durable pressed metal number plate – ours can even withstand a close-up jetwash attack.
We do not use the manual press method because it involves two layer plates, which, in reality, translates to a plate covered with a coloured, sticky vinyl placed on top! The letters are pressed through, and the tops peeled off to reveal the black colouring underneath. Over a period, the vinyl around the letters will peel. Don’t even think about getting these types of plates near a jetwash when cleaning your car! The timescale of natural deterioration depends on weather conditions but we are sure you don’t want to buy a new set of plates every few months!
There are other problems with manually pressed plates. Small unavoidable air bubbles often appear under the vinyl when the later is applied. The lettering is held using a square block when run through the press. Invariably a silhouette outline will be visible.
Some sellers use manual presses – the disadvantages of manual press production are:
- Plates do not have additional quality conformity, such as ISO and DIN
- Production completed in 2 layers will peel up after time
- Better to hand wash cars only – care needed on plates
- Automated car washes can permit water penetration
- 3M tapes may not be used
- The primary plate material might be of an inferior quality
- Manufacturer’s postcode and BS marking will be ink printed
- Blatant silhouette of embossing tools is likely to be evident
- Not dissimilar in price to our superb product
Our hydraulically pressed metal number plates suffer none of those problems
ORDER YOURS TODAY CALL 08442 889856